Forever A Memory Forever A Memory

Very pretty piece! Really nice melodies, and I like the use of woodwinds for those harmonies.
I think I'd have liked to hear some percussion and brass join in for the uplifting section starting at 2:03.
I probably would have gone over the top with that bit to make some in your face emotional stuff. But that's just me. Going without percussion was cool too, and fit the song nicely! :)
Goooood work

CainRedfield responds:

We debated the idea of adding percussion but in the end decided to keep it without. I think it would have been pretty cool with percussion though, maybe I'll try adding some percussion into my next piece :D. Thanks for the review mate, and glad you liked it!

A Long Way Home A Long Way Home

So many cool melodies in this. I love the feel, very dreamlike. Big fan of the strings+woodwinds+piano together too. :)

~SW~ City of the Clouds ~SW~ City of the Clouds

This is SO ace!
You created some seriously cool atmospheres here. It's inspired me to play with Omnisphere more.
Very proggy in places too, I like.

Good work :)

Different Perspective Different Perspective

This has a pretty cool feel. I like! Kind of sounds like it'd fit in a Crash Bandicoot type of game haha. In like a futuristic level with machines etc.
I love the bassy synth that comes back throughout the track, going up n' down. It sounds like so much fun to play with.

When the bell thingy comes in at 25sec, I had to turn my volume down a bit. There's something going on in the mid frequencies I think, that my ears didn't like. It might just be a bit too loud in the mix... Or it might just be my headphones :S

Good work!

cheezz responds:

Thanks a lot, I'm glad you liked it.

And yeah it probably is the mid frequencies, I made this one while I was still getting familiar with a new music program. Your constructive criticism is much appreciated and welcomed anytime, I'll be posting more tracks in the days to come.

Jarilo Forest (Dark Trail) Jarilo Forest (Dark Trail)

Nice work! It's both relaxing and really creepy haha. I can imagine this working soo well as background music in a game.

Freedom Fighters Freedom Fighters

Ace! I didn't hear a choir :S did you remove it? Or were you referring to the solo female? Either way, that bit was cool.
I wanna play with HZ Perc now haha. I was SO close to buying it at the intro price but talked myself out of it.

Raped by Clowns - loop Raped by Clowns - loop

SO glad I found this hahahahaa. Probably looped at least 30 times now. Starting to feel sick. I LOVE it. I wanna lock someone in a room with this blasting for weeks.

VG Atmosphere VG Atmosphere

This is ace! I can definitely see it working seriously well in a game but I can't envisage what genre. Perhaps something like Skyroads haha. Did you ever play that??
It'd probably work in several styles to be honest.
Really like the sounds you chose/made. Some parts remind me of the band The Faint a little bit :)
I was surprisingly ok with the long build up. It didn't seem to get boring, and certainly wouldn't be boring as background music.
The ending was a tad abrupt. Not sure if that's because it's meant to be a loop? Either way it's understandable. Sometimes I CANNOT be crapped with endings. ghaha.
Overall good work!

Sky's the Limit Sky's the Limit

I've found myself coming back to listen to this song several times now! Can't get over that synth at 1:25!
Good work!

Step responds:

Oh hey, thanks for the review!

"I've found myself coming back to listen to this song several times now!"

Fantastic, I suppose that's a good sign :3.

"Can't get over that synth at 1:25"

Tell me about it! I think what really gives it its charm is the pitch bending/vibrato though.

"I can't wait to get my hands on Omnisphere. Been meaning to for well over a year now, but this track has seriously motivated me :)"

It's no secret that I'm the biggest Omnisphere fanboy in the world. I would recommend it to anyone. By far the best VST I've ever worked with, largely due to its incredible library of over 8000 amazing sounds, perfect for someone like me who isn't very experienced in electronic music and is more used to choosing from a list of instruments (since I do orchestral most often) rather than synthesising them myself!

"Are you a fan of Dream Theater by any chance? Some parts seem to remind me of them, especially the six degrees album. Perhaps it's just because their keyboard player uses Omnisphere too haha.
Good work!"

I've actually not listened to Dream Theater's music before (which I should rectify, because I've heard they're very good). I have, however, come across Jordan Rudess playing for an Omnisphere demo video, which really encouraged me to buy Omnisphere.

Thanks a lot for the review!

11 Waves 11 Waves

Pretty cool! You made the time signature sound surprisingly natural in some parts, but cool and complex in others.
I like the idea of using random household objects as percussion, I wish you did more of this!
It's mostly nice to listen to, but I'm really not a fan of the tone on the distorted guitar. It seemed a bit too abrasive, and perhaps a tiny bit too loud in the mix too. But that's probably just my taste haha.
Otherwise good job!

secantwave responds:

I'm glad you liked it!
The first 11/8 riff ended up coming to me kind of naturally, so it was then an interesting exercise to rewrite the other riffs I came up with to fit in 11/8.
I really like sampling household objects, and I don't own any real drums, so I'm probably going to keep doing it.
And in retrospect, I would agree that the distorted guitar ended up a bit too high in the mix.
Thanks very much for the review!